Jun 06 , 2022
If you are searching for the perfect hair, the quest can be endless. Wigs and extensions have become popular ways to switch up different hairstyles and cover up areas of hair loss or damage. Human hair wigs and extensions have given women a chance to achieve their dream hair.
However, wig shopping isn’t easy, and it can be difficult to determine whether a wig or extensions are right for you.
Here is everything you need to know about wigs and extensions to help you make a decision.
When to Wear a Wig
Wigs can be made out of human hair or synthetic hair and are easily removable head coverings that cover a larger area than extensions.
If you are experiencing hair loss in specific spots, a wig can be a better way to hide your problematic areas. If you use hair extensions, your bald areas can be revealed by accident.
Additionally, if you have thinning hair, you are better off wearing a wig. A wig will add volume and length to your entire head and completely hide the state of your hair strands.
If you are itching for a complete color change, a wig will cover your natural hair so you can rock your whole new look.
A hair topper, known as a half-wig, is attached to your scalp and is perfect for filling in sparse spots and adding volume to your hair.
Pros of Wigs
- Wigs are a quick way to switch up a hairstyle.
- Wigs protect your natural hair.
- Wigs can last longer than hair extensions if cared for properly.
- Wigs are great for covering bald spots and thinning hair.
Cons of Wigs
- Wigs should not be slept in.
- Wigs aren’t secured on the head so they may slip.
- Wigs can be uncomfortable.
When to Wear Hair Extensions
Hair extensions are individual wefts of hair that can be attached to your natural locks. This is a great way to add length to your hair without covering the top of your head.
Nothing beats tape-in hair extensions or clip-in hair extensions made with human hair to add thickness and beauty to your natural hair in an instant.
Hair extensions are a fabulous choice if you want a minor color change or a highlighted look.
Pros of Hair Extensions
- Hair extensions offer long-lasting results as they can be glued or sewn in.
- Hair extensions add volume and length for months.
- Human hair extensions provide a realistic feel and look.
- Hair extensions are more secure than wigs.
Cons of Hair Extensions
- Hair extensions should not be applied to thinning hair.
- Applying hair extensions can be time-consuming and expensive.
Wig or Extensions
So should you choose a wig or extensions? Well, for anyone with normal and healthy hair, extensions are a good option. For those experiencing hair loss, thinning, or damage, a wig may be the better choice.
The Lauren Ashtyn Collection strives to give you the hair you’ve always wanted by using high-quality Human European hair that provides length, volume, and thickness to your natural hair.
Our luxury wigs, hair extensions, and hair toppers will provide years of beautiful wear with proper care.
Ready to start shopping? Check out all of our hairpieces here.