May 25 , 2022
Women of all ages experience hair thinning hair or hair loss — leading to lower self-esteem. Luckily, hair toppers are designed for women who want fuller, longer, and healthier hair.
Clip-on hair toppers give women the confidence they deserve by providing beautiful, natural, and voluminous hair. They come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors in order to blend in with your real hair.
Now you might be wondering how to style your clip-on volume hair toppers. Keep reading to learn about different hair topper styles and how to correctly attach your hair topper to achieve your desired look.
Clip-on Hair Topper Styles
Before styling your clip-in hair topper for thinning hair, you need to choose the right type of hair.
Hair toppers are similar to other types of wigs; clip-in hair toppers come in synthetic, human hair, and heat-friendly synthetic hair.
Human hair toppers are the best clip-on hair toppers to create texture and volume that resembles your natural hair. You should also choose a hair topper that is the same color as your real hair to ensure it looks natural.
Here are 4 ways you can style your clip-in hair topper.
1. Cut Bangs
If you are just starting with clip-in hair toppers, cut bangs are a simple way to make them look natural. You can choose between blunt bangs, curtain bangs, or side bangs.
If you’ve always dreamed about having bangs but were too afraid to cut your real hair, now is your chance to switch it up and try something new!
A low ponytail is a pretty and easy hair topper style.
After closing all the clips on your clip-on hair topper from front to back, make sure it is secure and ready to be styled.
Grab some hair from your hair topper, your own hair, and hair in the front, and hold the rest of your hair in the back like a ponytail. Then, tie it all together with a scrunchy, and you are ready to go.
3. Poof Hairstyle
A poof is a fashionable and trendy hairstyle for any texture to rock. It works great with clip-on hair toppers for short hair or long hair.
- Tease the front of your hair, and place the clip-on hair topper right behind it.
- Take some natural hair and your hair topper, twist it a bit, and push it back to create that perfect poof.
- Pin it in place and apply hairspray so your poof stays all day!
4. Dutch Braid
If you have thinning hair or hair loss, a dutch hairstyle is a great way to blend your clip-in hair topper with your natural hair.
Plus, you can choose to do a middle part or a side part depending on what you prefer.
- Section your hair with a bit of natural hair and a bit of hair from your hair topper.
- Split that section into three parts, and start by braiding normally.
- Take a small section of hair from the front and gather it with the front section of the braid then braid it under once.
- Then, take a section from behind the braid, most likely from your hair topper, gather it with the back section, and braid it under once.
- Continue this until you have reached your ear, and pin it in place.
How to Attach a Clip-on Hair Topper
To best look after your natural hair, follow these steps to attach a clip-on hair topper:
- Step 1: Open all the clips and tease your natural hair in the areas where the clips will be attached.
- Step 2: Pull the topper up to your hairline and close the clips.
- Step 3: Apply pressure over the clip-in hair topper to secure the clips.
- Step 4: Blend your clip-on volume hair topper with your natural hair.
- Step 5: Style as desired.
While the world of hair toppers may seem confusing, we hope this guide gave you ideas on how to style your hair topper for a natural look and how to properly apply it.
The Lauren Ashtyn Collection Clip-on Hair Toppers
If you are searching for luxury, human hair clip-in hair toppers, the search is over.
With a high-quality hand-tied design, our full and light volume clip-in hair toppers for thinning hair provide maximum length and fullness. All of our hair extensions cover bald spots on the sides of the head, on top of the head, and on the crown and back of the head.Ready to buy a hair topper to update your look? Check out all of our real hair toppers here.