Jun 06, 2022
Are you experiencing hair loss or want to add volume, length, or thickness to your hair?
The Lauren Ashtyn Collection has the perfect solution for you. With weaves and wigs of all colors, cuts, and styles, you can achieve the hair you’ve always dreamt of.
But what is the difference between a weave and a wig, and how do you know which to choose? Well, it all depends on your preferences and the condition of your hair.
Wig vs Weave
A wig is a head covering made with synthetic or human hair. A wig covers your entire head so it is a fabulous choice for those with hair loss. It allows you to go about your day with confidence knowing your thinning areas are covered.
Wigs can be taken on and off easily, giving you the opportunity to try different hair colors and styles.
At The Lauren Ashtyn Collection, our human hair lace front wigs provide exceptional volume and length in just seconds.
With a weave, your hair is braided flat with the human hair or synthetic hair wefts sewn onto the braids. All weaves are a type of hair extension, and hair weaves can last up to two months.
A weave should be sewn in and removed by a professional hairdresser to avoid damage to your natural hair. Since human hair has a soft and silky texture, human hair weaves look and feel more natural than synthetic weaves.
Pros and Cons of Wigs
- A wig covers your entire head and scalp.
- Infinite colors and style options.
- Wigs are lightweight to avoid discomfort.
- Wigs add unmatched volume and length to your natural hair.
- Wigs can be styled however you please.
- You can apply and remove a wig in the comfort of your home.
- It is best to remove your wig daily. It’s not a good idea to shower or sleep in a wig.
- A wig isn’t as secure because it’s not sewn in.
Pros and Cons of Weaves
- You can experiment with a variety of styles.
- A weave can last up to two months.
- A weave won’t slip off and feels more secure.
- Weaves can be expensive to upkeep.
- Improper application can cause hair loss.
- Weaves don’t react well with sweat.
- Your natural hair doesn’t have as much opportunity to breathe.
Should You Choose a Wig or Weave?
By now, you probably have a pretty good idea of whether a wig or weave is best for you.
If you need extra help deciding, follow these guidelines:
- Choose a wig if you are experiencing hair loss or thin, damaged hair.
- Choose a weave if you want to add length, volume, and a realistic look that will last months.
The Lauren Ashtyn Collection strives to make women look and feel their absolute best by offering 100% human European lace front wigs, extensions, and hair toppers.
Interested in purchasing a wig? Check out our many options here.