May 12 , 2022
Are you suffering from hair loss and looking to add more volume to your hair? If so, human hair toppers for women are the solution for you!
Toppers for women add volume and length to provide a beautiful transformation so you can feel beautiful and confident every day.
Now you may be wondering whether female hair toppers look natural. As long as you know what products to use, how to style them, and how to preserve them, women's hair toppers are a great way to achieve natural-looking hair.
In this blog, we give you all the tips and tricks to ensure your hair toppers look natural and teach you how to properly store and apply them.
How to Make Women's Hair Toppers Look Natural
1. Choose the right hair color
If you don’t want your women's hair topper to be noticeable, you need to be extremely careful when choosing the color. The strands of your top piece must match the strands of your natural hair.
Your real hair also compliments your skin, so it is important to choose a hair extension that suits your skin tone.
2. Wash your hairpiece
You should take care of your human hair topper for women the same way you would treat your real hair.
If possible, wash your women's hair topper with a shampoo and conditioner that includes UV and filters, moisture, and no parabens. Make sure your conditioner is applied only from your mids to your ends, and always use cold or lukewarm water.
To make your female hair topper look natural, wash it when necessary as overwashing it can cause it to lose its shape, color, and style. For daily use, wash it every 2-4 weeks.
3. Take care of your human hair topper for women
Keep your hair topper detangled by frequently using a comb to brush it from bottom to top. Once you are done brushing, shake the wig out so it looks natural and smooth.
Before applying heat, make sure your hair topper air-dries completely to avoid damage and make it last longer. The less heat you use, the longer your hair topper will last and the more natural it will look.
4. Use eyeshadow to create a more natural look
Blend your women’s hair topper in with your natural hair by using an eyeshadow powder that matches your topper hair color and blending it around the part of the hair. This makes thinning hair look fuller so it matches your hair topper’s thickness.
How to Apply Human Hair Toppers for Women
After choosing your female hair topper, you are ready to clip it in. Follow these steps to apply your hair topper properly.
- Open all the clips on the women’s hair topper.
- Tease your hair in the targeted areas where you will attach the topper clips.
- Place the hair topper over the hair loss areas and secure the clips at the front.
- Lightly flatten the hairpiece and secure the back and side clips.
- Keep the base tight to secure the remaining clips.
- Lightly brush it out to blend the hair topper with your natural hair and style as desired.
How to Store Your Women’s Hair Topper
The natural shine and gloss of your human hair topper for women will fade over time, but there are ways to keep it looking fresh for longer. Here are some ways you can store your hair topper to keep its natural look.
- Store your hair topper for women on a mannequin head to keep its shape.
- Avoid keeping your hair topper for women in heat and direct sunlight. Store it in a cool and dry place to protect the hair fibers.
- Place your hair topper in a hair net and store it in a box or bag.
- Store your human hair topper for women in a clean zip-lock bag or a silk or satin bag to keep it soft.
The Best Hair Topper for Thinning Hair
The Lauren Ashtyn Collection offers the best human hair toppers for women on the market. With 100% European human hair, your dream of beautiful hair can come true.
Choose your color, style, and cut and receive gorgeous length and volume in just seconds. Our hairpieces are easy to apply without damaging your natural hair.
Interested in purchasing a hair topper? Check out our full volume toppers here.